Munchkins and the Military: Two-Ingredient Homemade Dog Treats


My sweet Caesar boy got a bath the other day. Although he was extremely well behaved, I know it isn’t exactly the most pleasant experience for a dog. For that reason, I thought he deserved to be rewarded with some homemade dog treats afterwards.

Not too long ago I saw a Facebook post about homemade dog treats, so I decided to give my own easier dog treat recipe a try. These treats took only a few minutes to mix together.


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
2 4oz jars Turkey/Chicken & Sweet Potato/Pumpkin Baby Food (make sure that baby food doesn't contain garlic, onion, or other ingredients which may be harmful to your dog.

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Grind up the oatmeal in a food processor.
  3. Add the baby food to the food processor and combine with the oatmeal to create a thick mixture.
  4. Use a spoon to drop balls of the oatmeal mixture onto a baking sheet. I did tablespoon sized balls for my big guy.
  5. Bake for approximately 20-22 minutes. Smaller sized treats will require less time.
  6. Cool completely and store in refrigerator. Recipe yields about 15 tablespoon-sized treats.
By Alejandra


Caesar loved how these turned out and I was pretty impressed too! Since they were made with ingredients that I actually eat, I gave them a try too. Yes, I tried dog treats. They weren’t bad! Now, I’m looking forward to experimenting with some other treat flavors in the future.


2.png (400×400)

No comments:

Post a Comment